It’s 2019, and we all know that a social media presence is not an option for our business anymore, but an absolute necessity. We all recognize the importance of creating high-quality content that our target audience will both value and enjoy. I mean, people literally crave knowledge and if you’re not giving it to them, there is a 100% chance they will find it elsewhere.
But, for some of us, we sit down to come up with content, and repeatedly come up empty.
Sometimes, we are even so focused on writing the most viral blog post ever that we spend so much time brainstorming and researching that could have been spent creating!
And let’s be honest, what percentage of blog content goes viral? Very little.
It’s time to start capitalizing on the abundance of knowledge and value you already have to give to your ideal client, and stop waiting around for inspiration to strike.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- What are some frequently asked questions you receive from your current or prospective clients? In other words, what do people come to you for when they could have gone somewhere else? What sets you apart? If they are seeking answers on a topic, it’s likely many others are too!
- Do a quick Google search to discover what your competitors are writing about. What blog posts or podcasts seem to be doing really well for them? It can be a great idea to address it in your own words.
- Go through your services packages. Detail them. Remind yourself why your clients come to you. What are you an expert on? Don’t overlook anything. What you might consider common knowledge might be totally foreign to someone else.
Select your method of delivering the content:
- Video content is a great way to engage with your current and prospective clients. It puts your face out there and makes you feel vulnerable.. Which people love. You can do this through things like Youtube, IGTV, Facebook Live, or LinkedIn Video.
- Audio content is another amazing way to engage with your community. Podcasts are absolutely huge right now. I mean, what better way to simultaneously kill time and digest knowledge than while walking to the train station or running on a treadmill?
- Written content is not going anywhere, anytime soon. Some topics are just best kept old-fashioned and written out in a blog or social media post!
Staying on top of things:
Okay, so you have a ton of great content ideas under your belt and you know the best method of delivering them to your audience. Great!
Unfortunately, sometimes this can be as far as we go before life gets in the way and we forget to actually implement our ideas into a solid plan.
Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered on that too.
Once you have done some brainstorming, it can be a really good idea to go ahead and create an editorial calendar. A calendar will help you keep track of all the content you’re publishing and want to publish. It will also hold you accountable. I love to make mine a month in advance, that way I have a great overview on what needs to happen that month. Think about what would appeal to your audience. Think seasonal! Make it fun.
Trickle Down Effect
Another method you can use to stay on top of things is the “Trickle Down Effect”. Let’s get your marketing on autopilot so you don’t even have to think about it throughout the month! Each piece of content should have one main method of delivery, such as a YouTube video or a blog post. Then, all you have to do is break it down into smaller pieces for your various social media platforms.
We’re experts on creating content. This is what we specialize in. From researching and writing blog post content, creating editorial calendars on auto-pilot, and getting your content out in front of the world so they know that you are the go-to expert.
Think you need some help getting your content marketing strategy in place?
Contact us today for a free consultation!