Social media marketing for your business is no small feat.
It takes a significant amount of skill, strategy, time, and energy – and in this day and age, even more so as social media and technology is evolving and changing constantly. It can seem hard to keep up at times (because it is)!
However, if you’re here, you probably already know that you simply cannot afford to “opt-out” of marketing on social media if your goal is to have a successful, thriving business.
There are 3.48 billion social media users in 2019, with the worldwide total growing by 288 million since this time last year. If you’re not both present and active online, at the very least, then your ideal customers are sure to find someone who is!
You might start by looking into the best social media online course. Or maybe conducting some competitor research. Or you might just think about social media marketing from time to time and get too overwhelmed to take action.
Does this sound familiar?
The hardest part is always that first step, and that’s normal! But, if you really are serious about growing your business, you have to take action on social media and ASAP!
Start with these brainstorming exercises:
- What is your goal? Brand awareness, sales, website traffic? All of these have very different strategies so the first step is always to ask yourself: What am I looking to get out of this?
- Once you’ve determined your social media goal – clearly map out your target market. Even go as far as to create an ideal client avatar. Dig deeper and learn as much as you can about them.
- What platforms are your target market is most active on? On what days? At what time of day. What do they use social media for? All of these discoveries should be taken into account in your overall strategy.
Make sure you spend a good amount of time and effort on these three steps.
Think about it, this is literally the foundation of your social media strategy – it needs to be strong, accurate, and sturdy.
Okay, so now that you have your social media vision laser-focused, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Consistency is a necessity – you may as well not even start if you aren’t going to commit to being consistent
- A content calendar will keep you on track for success
- Choose a theme for each day of the week if you’re struggling to come up with content
- Enlist your employees – let your ideal clients see inside the life of your business!
Outsource Social Media Marketing
I’m going to say it one more time: social media marketing for your business is no small feat. And you want to do it right the first time, right?
It’s okay to not be able to take on everything! You are a busy business owner and you have A LOT on your plate. A general rule of thumb for a business owner is that if you have an item on your to-do list for over 2 weeks but don’t get it checked off, outsource it!
So… how long has “social media” been on your to-do list?
Let’s get started crossing that off right now! Contact me for a FREE consult where we will dissect your current social media strategy, figure out where it’s working, and where it’s not. We provide detailed and strategic marketing plans to local businesses who want to stand out in a crowded market.
Lisa M Gale Digital Marketing helps service professional business owners improve their online presence and visibility to attract new clients. We develop systems and processes to improve digital marketing efforts and help entrepreneurs reach their business goals. Download your Digital Marketing Made Simple for free here >>